Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Newbie needing proper terminology!

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Newbie needing proper terminology!

    Hi again!
    I realized after I had my "pipe" issue this week, that I've been referring to my pool parts incorrectly. The whole 'unit' is called the filter? And the white (sometimes! ) round, pleated thing is the 'cartridge'??

    I need a new one of those (what I have been referring to as the filter). But how do i best search for that so i know the best price to pay? It's a Pentair Clean and Clear, I believe the piece says 150 SF. Some model # on it says R173216.

    I call myself a newbie, but I've been the "Pool Girl" for 6 years now!! Still learning........

    Thank you!
    Sunny SW Florida! Uncaged Free-form IG pool, Pebble-tec finish, 20,000 gallons?? (Beach entry/tanning ledge is 9' x 9'; it's free form 37' x 19'. Depth 3 feet to max 5.5 feet. There's also an attached spa with spillover: 6 foot radius. Anything else?)
    Prologic computerized thingie with SWG; 1.5 hp Hayward II Super pump, cartridge (i think) filter. (Hubby contracted the whole I don't have a detailed list on what we've got!)

  2. Back To Top    #2
    JasonLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Silver Spring, MD

    Re: Newbie needing proper terminology!

    If you search Google Shopping for "R173216 cartridge" you will turn up quite a few possible replacement cartridges for your filter. The Unicel c-9415 generic is really just as good as the originals. Either way, it is going to be $80 to $100 shipped at Internet deep discount prices.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts