Spa Light Bulb

Feb 22, 2012
Hey Guys!

I need to ask if I have to have a special bulb for my spa??? I went to my local pool store and he sold me the wrong bulb and my wife wants to use the spa tonight....the bulb is a type T-4 Q100CL My son found one at Lowes...think it will work
5fb9df2c.jpg

a1d39c2f.jpg

That does look like one of the bulbs that will fit that light. You will have to open the light to see if the bulbs match. The light lens looks like it is damaged and probably needs to be replaced. The gasket will also need to be replaced. You should get the silicone gasket rather than the regular rubber gasket.

Before you buy any parts, you should open the light to see if it is even worth repairing. If the socket is bad, then the entire light will need to be replaced.

Also, you're likely to have problems with the light screw, as it does not look like the correct screw. It's possible that the screw is rusted in, or possibly cross-threaded.

That is the old bulb.....and we thought the lens was cracked so we ordered a new one from the pool guy....but allas he screwed up and didnt get it ordered so only the blue cover came in today. I took it all apart and the lens cleaned up with NO signs of a crack the inside was covered in a fine powder?????? I have a new gasket and am about to replace it and see if it all works!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.