Pool neglected for two years, what now?

Mar 23, 2012
Long story short, the tenets living in my house neglected the pool. It's since been uncovered for two years, and has a bunch of Crud in it. Last summer there was frogs living in it too. I'm sure there's probably a few neighborhood cats in there as well. It looks like a lagoon. I really want to clean this but I CANNOT spend that much money on it. I DO know that I definitely need to purchase chlorine though. I'm brand new at this, never worked on a pool before. It looks like everything else for the pool (chemicals, vaccuum, etc are all here. There's a big filter on the side of the house. I don't want to turn it on untill I know what I'm doing. I can take pictures if needed. By the way, this is an in-ground pool. APPOX 40 feet long by 15 wide.

Pictures are always helpful if you can take them. Just make sure to read up in pool school (upper right hand corner click on pool school) and to do it right you will need a high quality test kit. Look in my signature for the link to the TF100 kit.

Good luck and you have come to the right place.

viewtopic.php?t=39651

More inspiration! This was my own doing... Algae so bad, I could of made a salad out of it!

Currently I'm fighting some green water. We went on a cruise when the temp was in the 30's, and when we got back the temp had been in the 70's and 80's for 7 days straight! Been at it for 5 days now. Went out this morning and the water is finally clear! Now I just have to get it "sparkly" and I'll be into coast mode working on the pool about 5 minutes a day to maintain it.

Listen to what the people here have to say, and you'll never go wrong. There's amazing people here! Found this place... Hmm... I think four years ago and have never looked back. My pool always looks amazing now!

Make sure you invest in a good test kit though. Money well spent and worth every penny. You can't fix something if you don't know what's wrong to begin with!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.