Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long does it generally take for the SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

How long does it generally take for the SWG

Hey to everyone that reads my post.

This is my first year with the Intex SWG and it's the new version. I have been reading all over the forum and pool school and I just haven't found where my question has been answered. Besides getting into the pool chemistries, how long should it normally take the SWG to start handling the chlorine levels in the pool if everything else is in line? Nothing in the manual said that you should start to see chlorine levels in the pool after hours or days of starting the SWG. I let it run with the pump for 12 hours after the first 24 hours of circulating to desolve the salt. Tested and found 0 FC so I put liquid bleach to get it going.
    Lewisville, Texas 22,000 Gallon IG Plaster Chlorine FNS Plus Vertical Grid D.E. Filter 60 sq. ft. 150 GPM Push/Pull Valve Hayward Ecostar SP3400VSP Baracuda Zodiac G3 Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long does it generally take for the SWG

Welcome to TFP!

When using a SWG, you should adjust all of the levels, including chlorine, to normal levels before you count on the SWG maintaining the chlorine level on it's own. A SWG won't always be able to raise the FC level up from zero, depending on the situation, so manual chlorine additions are best when starting up.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

You are doing the right thing using bleach for now, by the way.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

What is your water temp?
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks JasonLion and RobbieH.

Lershac, Temp has been in the lower to mid sixties due to the overnight ambient temps lately.
    Lewisville, Texas 22,000 Gallon IG Plaster Chlorine FNS Plus Vertical Grid D.E. Filter 60 sq. ft. 150 GPM Push/Pull Valve Hayward Ecostar SP3400VSP Baracuda Zodiac G3 Cleaner