Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: How long to warm up??

How long to warm up??

33x17 5ft deep current temp 65 degrees, temps daytime 80 night temp 55, how long until the pool is mid 70s temp? We are in Atlanta, so the weather should keep getting warmer too.
    15k freeform shotcrete sport pool 3.5-5-4, hayward swimclear c4030, 1.5hp hayward Northstar pump, polaris 280 with hayward booster, hayward turbo cell swg

Re: How long to warm up??

You're probably looking at about the middle of April. May be sooner but probably not much.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

If pool is in full sun like mine is...........I had 83 last Mem day.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

That's about the size of my pool and temperatures here in el paso. I started heating the pool yesterday morning and took 8hrs to heat from 60 to 85. This morning though, the pool is back down to 70. It'll take a couple of weeks; I agree w mid April time frame w/o heater.
    IG plaster; 32x16x3-5 ft. w overflow spa; ~15k gals; 2 hp Pentair pump; 120 gpm Pentair DE filter; Pentair heater