Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Email report from The Pool Calculator?

1. Back To Top    #1

Email report from The Pool Calculator?

loving this app but was wondering if there was a way to email a report from this Pool Calculator app? or is there an app that can do this?

I should have got this app a long time ago it's already saving me time. now if I can also email reports while I'm servicing pools I'd be able to take Saturdays off.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Email report from The Pool Calculator?

What type of phone/tablet are you running? There is an app for iphone and an app for android ... although they are from different developers and slightly different than the website version.

Although I guess I do not know if either of those allow you to email the reports.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have an ipod touch and searched the apple app store for "The Pool Calculator" and found it. The apps by pSiFlow works on itouch/ipads/iphones etc don't think it will work with android. btw the app is way better than the online version. simple and very easy and quick to use.

from pSiFlow site I found Insta-LINK who have a subscription based service which can email reports. I've emailed them asking if their calculator is like pSiFlow's and if their recommendations are like TFP's if not I won't bother. I'm in 100% agreement with TFP recommendations.

4. Back To Top    #4

Unfortunately they never made the "poolcalculator" for android. However, there is an android app that is supposed pretty good developed by someone here on the forums ... I have not yet played with it ... not sure if it has the ability to email either.

I could see email being a pretty useful tool if you are in the pool business to send to clients weekly.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by jblauert
    However, there is an android app that is supposed pretty good developed by someone here on the forums ... I have not yet played with it ... not sure if it has the ability to email either
    Simplepool in the playstore (google market). I have only used the free version and it does not have email capabilities afaik. Not sure about the pro version, but I am not seeing anything online suggesting it does email.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Quote Originally Posted by jblauert
    However, there is an android app that is supposed pretty good developed by someone here on the forums ... I have not yet played with it ... not sure if it has the ability to email either
    Simplepool in the playstore (google market). I have only used the free version and it does not have email capabilities afaik. Not sure about the pro version, but I am not seeing anything online suggesting it does email.
    Thanks. Is it just me or is Play Store the worst possible name? How does that make more sense than market
    Jason, TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

It is stupid...and the new logo is lame as well! As for the SimplePool app doing e-mails, you could ask kenmar (who made the application) about it via PM.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

8. Back To Top    #8

The term "market" made so much sense to me...playstore...notsomuch
    "Market" was simple, and the term covers everything that I can see google is doing with playstore.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

9. Back To Top    #9

there must be an app out there.even if its a couple hundred $'s its well worth it. if anyone comes across one for apple let me know. thanks. still waiting to hear back from Insta-LINK