Opinions on 2 pools

Mar 21, 2012
NC
I have narrrowed my list to two pools:

The CAMEO from the pool factory:

http://www.poolfactoryonline.com/pool-s ... 7QodyzUt0Q

Or BARBADOS from bestbuypoolsupply:

http://www.bestbuypoolsupply.com/barbados-1833.html

To me, the CAMEO looks like a better deal (comes with liner and skimmer also) and the craftsmanship is comparable. They both have 6" uprights and 7" toprails (although the CAMEO is listed at 7.5"). They both use the Krystal Kote for the ledges. All opinions and advice will be appreciated. I am too excited. It has taken a lot of work just to get it down to these two. I will also be running a 1 1/2 pentair 2-speed with a 250# sand filter. And I already have purchased my slide :party:

Welcome to tfp, jrh :wave:

Have you already bought your pump? I would think a 1 hp 2 speed would be a better fit for that pool volume (I get ~18K gallons) and that filter.

I have no experience with either of those pools. One thought though, if you are thinking about a swcg (salt water chlorine generator) you may want to go with a pool with resin top ledges, etc.

I have not ordered the pump, but could not find a 1 HP (2 speed)
Pump with that size filter. All of the filter sizes were too small. And buying them
Separate was a lot more money. I would only use the 1 1/2 HP
For. Vacumming and backwashing and if I ever got solar power. Do
You know of any 1 HP 2 speed pumps with an appropriately sized
Filter?

jrh1010 said:
I have not ordered the pump, but could not find a 1 HP (2 speed)
Pump with that size filter. All of the filter sizes were too small. And buying them
Separate was a lot more money. I would only use the 1 1/2 HP
For. Vacumming and backwashing and if I ever got solar power. Do
You know of any 1 HP 2 speed pumps with an appropriately sized
Filter?
Yes, unfortunately those skid packs typically have an undersized filter and oversized pumps. Also, it is unusual for skid packs to include a 2-speed pump, where did you find it and how much is it?

AND : ) both are wilbar pools. Knowing that,
I think the cameo is the way to go.

Linen, what do you think about that pump? Do you
Know of a way ( showing my ignorance here)
That I can get a 1 HP 2-speed to go with that filter? Do they
Make a base I can buy to put them together?

jrh1010 said:
Linen, what do you think about that pump? Do you
Know of a way ( showing my ignorance here)
That I can get a 1 HP 2-speed to go with that filter? Do they
Make a base I can buy to put them together?
Most people put the pump down on the equipment pad when they do not have combined filter and pump base. The equipment pad can be a simple as some patio blocks, etc. I would guess you will not be able to get the 1 hp with the bigger filter in a skid pack since I am assuming those are put together by the manufacturer...maybe I am wrong...you could give the stores your looking at a call or email and see if they can substitute.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My new pool came from Poolfactoryonline.com and the experience of dealing with them was excellent. I placed several calls before ordering, the people I spoke with were helpful and patient with all questions. The cameo pool is the same one that the local pool store wanted 3 times the price for. The only negative thing that I have to say was their choice freight carriers, the pool left their warehouse via a truck line named Direct Coast to Coast, was transfered to Averitt Express in Chicago, then transfered to R&L in Louisville. R&L moved the pool to another company, Towne Air Freight for pick-up at the terminal. The termnal p/u was my choice. Really, four freight companies involved in this shipment! I know that the people at Poolfactoryonline have little controll over this as freight companies rarely move a truck with less than a full load. The time in transit was eleven days, and at times no-one could track the the shipment. Al, Tom and Mercedes at pool factory were wonderful to deal with, if there was a local pool store that was half as good to deal with they would make a fortune as I rate all of the local pool stores right below the buy here pay here used car dealers. Check www.mypoolwarranty.com and you will find all of the Wilbar manufactured pools, several of the pools are shared across different brands with only the name of the pool changed.

Good luck and happy swimming,
Eric

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.