intex 16ftx32ftx52in install

racerboy6996

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 23, 2010
Albemarle, NC
It is finally official. The new pool shows up next week.

Even though we did the leveling for our 16ft round intex by ourselves, I decided to hire someone with a bobcat to do the grading for this one.

He will be out on Saturday morning. I cant wait to get the foam board & support blocks down so we can get the pool up before it gets any warmer.

Pics to come

Here is the old pool, the day we installed it-
old-pool-edit-X3.jpg

Here is what that spot looks like now, waiting for the grading to be done
pool-gone-edit-X3.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will be using something similar to 1 inch thick patio pavers that will be flush with the ground/sand..
I learned with our first Intex pool, you have to have something under the legs no matter how solid you think your ground is.

I will have a lot of leveling to do this weekend. There are a couple spots where the contractor messed up & is about 2-3in out of level.
But that is better than it was. Before he came out some spots were 11in out of level

rectangular intex & using a thru wall skimmer

I have seen a lot of people using a thru wall skimmer on the round intex pools.
I purchased one for my new install, but as I said in a previous post have now bought one of the rectangular intex pools.

From all of the pics of the round pools with the thru wall skimmer mod I am aware you need to mount the skimmer below the seam line.
This also drops the height of the water level.

With the rectangular intex, the walls stay bowed in until the water level reaches a certain level.

Does anyone have experience with the rectangular & a thru wall skimmer?

If it is determined this can not be done due to the walls bowing in, what are your thoughts on me running 2 of the intex surface skimmers at the same time?
Would there be any benefit to that?

Re: rectangular intex & using a thru wall skimmer

Hi sorry to interject on your post but I'm in the same situation. Not only do I have the same questions but also want to see will the Skimmer door even work due to the fact that it will sit at an inward angle due to the angle of the wall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.