Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: intex 16ftx32ftx52in install

1. Back To Top    #1

intex 16ftx32ftx52in install

It is finally official. The new pool shows up next week.

Even though we did the leveling for our 16ft round intex by ourselves, I decided to hire someone with a bobcat to do the grading for this one.

He will be out on Saturday morning. I cant wait to get the foam board & support blocks down so we can get the pool up before it gets any warmer.

Pics to come
    Intex 16ftx32ftx52in rectangular / Hayward 2 speed pump / Hayward 21in sand filter / Intex SWG / still saying solar panels coming next year

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intex 16ftx32ftx52in install

Here is the old pool, the day we installed it-

Here is what that spot looks like now, waiting for the grading to be done
    Intex 16ftx32ftx52in rectangular / Hayward 2 speed pump / Hayward 21in sand filter / Intex SWG / still saying solar panels coming next year

3. Back To Top    #3

Congrats! I know that you are looking forward to it.

4. Back To Top    #4

I started out with an intex ultra frame 20foot, and it amazes me how big they make them now!!! the size your installing is the same size as our inground! You will love the size, its great!!! Love watching these builds!
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks
    Just got the call from the freight company.. Pool will be delivered Monday.
    Unfortunately forecast calls for rain tomorrow. Hopefully it holds off long enough to get the grading done

6. Back To Top    #6

How exciting this is the pool I picked up in the fall someone was moving and wanted it gone. I will be watching for pictures! Starting DIY leveling this weekend
    16' x 32' x 52" Intex Rectangular Ultra Frame
    14,364 gallon capacity
    2500gph intex pump
    Learning what I need to be ready for
    Spring including upgrades, leveling, etc...

7. Back To Top    #7

unfortunately to much rain today. We have a lot of clay in our soil. Even with tracks installed, the bobcat was slipping too much to do any digging. Maybe monday..

Moomin - good luck with the leveling

8. Back To Top    #8

Pool was delivered yesterday. 2 huge boxes. Contractor is here today digging up my yard
    Hopefully we will be installing this weekend

9. Back To Top    #9

I am the proud new owner of a mud pit

10. Back To Top    #10

Yay!! You must be getting excited!!
    Purposed new pool at home being built- 20x40 vinyl pool, 20ft vinyl covered steps, Automatic cover, 6 ft sheer decent, 4 lighted deck jets, lime stone coping, easy touch, heat pump, SPA- 8x8 fiberglass shell, limestone steps surrounding
    previous home- 16 x 32 IG Vinyl- Install- Mid June 2011. 3ft Shallow 8ft Deep/ Totally Hayward 1HP pump/ 250 pound Sand/ AquaPro800 Heat pump/ Blue Hampton Liner/ 2 Intellibrite LED Lights/ Polaris 360/ 4 Deckjet II's/ 3ft concrete Apron/ 800 sq ft Paver Patio

11. Back To Top    #11

excited until i start shoveling sand this weekend. Hopefully we wont need much
    ok, so i will still be excited after, will just have an aching back

12. Back To Top    #12

What are you putting under the legs?
    14,364 gallon capacity
    2500gph intex pump

13. Back To Top    #13

I will be using something similar to 1 inch thick patio pavers that will be flush with the ground/sand..
    I learned with our first Intex pool, you have to have something under the legs no matter how solid you think your ground is.

I will have a lot of leveling to do this weekend. There are a couple spots where the contractor messed up & is about 2-3in out of level.
    But that is better than it was. Before he came out some spots were 11in out of level

14. Back To Top    #14

That's similar to what I decided to use but going with two inch thick. Thanks for the updates!
    14,364 gallon capacity
    2500gph intex pump

15. Back To Top    #15

i probably should go thicker, but I dont feel like digging that deep to put them in. Keep us updated on your progress

16. Back To Top    #16

rectangular intex & using a thru wall skimmer

I have seen a lot of people using a thru wall skimmer on the round intex pools.
    I purchased one for my new install, but as I said in a previous post have now bought one of the rectangular intex pools.

From all of the pics of the round pools with the thru wall skimmer mod I am aware you need to mount the skimmer below the seam line.
    This also drops the height of the water level.

With the rectangular intex, the walls stay bowed in until the water level reaches a certain level.

Does anyone have experience with the rectangular & a thru wall skimmer?

If it is determined this can not be done due to the walls bowing in, what are your thoughts on me running 2 of the intex surface skimmers at the same time?
    Would there be any benefit to that?

17. Back To Top    #17

Re: rectangular intex & using a thru wall skimmer

Hi sorry to interject on your post but I'm in the same situation. Not only do I have the same questions but also want to see will the Skimmer door even work due to the fact that it will sit at an inward angle due to the angle of the wall.

18. Back To Top    #18

I have done it, its only been a few days but so far everything seems to be working very well, see here:

through-wall-skimmer-on-rectangular-intex-ultra-frame-t40861.html

19. Back To Top    #19

how is the install going?!

20. Back To Top    #20

Wow awesome job! Thank you for replying now that I have more information I think I'm ready to do this. Hope it goes as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast