Purchased a "new" IC40 and received a cell produced in 2008

Mar 14, 2012
Hello All,

I received an IC40 I purchased off of Amazon and it is version 1.9R (manufactured in 2008). The unit doesn't appear to have been used, but I was worried since most of the troubles I've read about online have been with units prior to version 2.0.

Have there been any functional updates since v1.9R (other than the button redesign) and is it worth returning for a more recent version (I bought the cell for $455)?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Purchased a "new" IC40 and received a cell produced in 2

My original IC40 salt cell, also manufactured in 2008, failed in just under three years. Fortunately, I had a three-year warranty on mine because my PB used all Pentair when he built the pool. Pentair replaced the cell and I now have one manufactured in 2011...so far, so good. If you can return the cell for a newer version, you should do that. I think they fixed many problems with the newer version....JMO...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.