Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: does anyone know what happened to mark aka crookm11?

1. Back To Top    #1

does anyone know what happened to mark aka crookm11?

i've been posting a couple of years now since i got a intex pool for the grandkids and every since last summer this guy has vanished from the forum. he was a inspiration to me in doing the things i have done with my intex pool. just wondering if anyone knew why he stopped posting or what happened to him?
    18x52'' intex AGP, 6981 gal, 2650 intex sand filter,
    thru wall skimmer, SWG, 52'' 20G overlap liner, intex pool light

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: does anyone know what happened to mark aka crookm11?

Well, I seem to remember he was getting everything lined up/completed for retirement!

Hopefully he'll be back on with us when he is caught up

He has been an inspiration to many
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    Well, I seem to remember he was getting everything lined up/completed for retirement!

Hopefully he'll be back on with us when he is caught up

He has been an inspiration to many
    thanks for the reply. he showed me alot and really educated me on these intex pools! i've been thru some health issues and i'm ready to get back and doing things with the grandkids and was wondering about mark!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jsf0656
    i've been posting a couple of years now since i got a intex pool for the grandkids and every since last summer this guy has vanished from the forum. he was a inspiration to me in doing the things i have done with my intex pool. just wondering if anyone knew why he stopped posting or what happened to him?
    Hi jsf0656,

I am still alive and kicking!!! Over the winter I started my retirement transition from the Army. I am now on my terminal leave and will be fully retired on 31 May. I have been taking Real Estate courses to become a Real Estate agent here in Texas. I will be taking the exam this coming month. I have started to get my pool up and running for the upcoming season. The water stayed crystal clear the whole winter. I have to start getting the chems up so the water will stay that way now that it is heating up. I will start to be reagular on the forum now. Can't wait to start helping where I can.
    Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

5. Back To Top    #5

Good luck with the exam, I'm new but have read all of the intex section and hope to pick your brain when needed
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by crookm11
    Quote Originally Posted by jsf0656
    Hi jsf0656,

I am still alive and kicking!!! Over the winter I started my retirement transition from the Army. I am now on my terminal leave and will be fully retired on 31 May. I have been taking Real Estate courses to become a Real Estate agent here in Texas. I will be taking the exam this coming month. I have started to get my pool up and running for the upcoming season. The water stayed crystal clear the whole winter. I have to start getting the chems up so the water will stay that way now that it is heating up. I will start to be reagular on the forum now. Can't wait to start helping where I can.
    hey mark! i and along with alot of others have missed your presence on the board. glad to hear from you and i hope everything turns out well for you and your new endeavor!

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes -- welcome back Mark! I'm about ready to install the 1600 pump and swg that I bought from WM for that unbelievable deal. Copy/pasting all the different instruction posts so I can get it up and running this weekend.

Congratulations on your retirement! I wish I was looking at retirement as well...but it will be a few more years.
    12'x36" / 2100 gal/ AG / Krystal Clear Model 603 filter cartridge pump ( cleans surprisingly well for a $35 pump!)