I have an old pool that has a single speed 2HP pentair whisperflo. I'm thinking on replacing that with a variable speed pump that I can run at low speed for 16-20hrs. The old pump burn 2KW. I'm wondering how difficult it is to swap out the pump.
I'm handy with electrical and somewhat plumbing. I recon, this is what I'll do:
(1) turn off power to panel
(2) disconnect electrical connections to old pump
(3) cut off pipes to pump. and remove pump
(4) install new unions on new pump. Use teflon tape. anything else?
(5) position new pump
(6) connect electrical to new pump.
(7) reconnect pipes to new pump with new pipes as needed. What kind of dope should be used?
(8) prime pump.
(9) startup pump.
I'm thinking of the hayward ecostar. I like the idea I can relocate the control panel. Please help me with tips/tricks etc...