Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need some help wiring a 2-speed Hayward Super II

1. Back To Top    #1

Need some help wiring a 2-speed Hayward Super II

Hi guys,

I was wondering if some experts on this forum could help me with this wire job.

I currently have an old single speed pump that I am replacing with a Hayward Super II Dual Speed. It is controlled by an old Intermatic E10694 timer. Also attached is an external on/off switch (which seems redundant since the on/off is already wired in the intermatic timer)

My ideal set-up would be to reuse my old timer to control the on/off, and have an external switch which allows me to select between low/high speed.

My question is this: Can I reuse my old intermatic timer used to control my one speed pump, for my two speed?

I've attached a quick sketch showing my existing setup, and what I hope to wire without buying too many extra parts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Need some help wiring a 2-speed Hayward Super II

I can't see the pic but the simple answer to your question is, yes, you can use the timer to start and stop the pump and an external switch to choose the speed. It's been discussed several times on here.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit