How do I lower the water level of my pool? (valve pics!)

socrates

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2012
We've had heavy rains and I'd like to lower the water level in my pool.

Besides siphoning it, or relying on an external pump, can you advise how I could lower the water level a few inches? There are exhaustive pix of my equipment pad, as well as some solid analysis of what each valve does, by jblauert at this link: filter-pump-spagetti-is-my-spa-doomed-to-heat-the-pool-t41153.html

I only want to lower the level of water in the pool, not to empty it! :)

You know looking at these pix again for a different reason this time ... I do not see a valve on your filter at all.

How do you clean the filter? It does not appear that you have the ability to backwash.

I have a multivalve on my DE filter that allows me to pump to waste which is what you are looking to do, but I do not even see the simple slider valve on the filter that would allow you to backwash ... or are those not DE fliters.

In any case I found your solution:
Right out of the pump it looks like there is a hose bib. Hook a hose to it and open it up, that will remove water (with the pump on) ... make sure you do not pump it down below the skimmers.

Thanks once again, jblauert. This is working!

Trying to answer your question... I would not list pool care among my competencies. But my understanding is that these are cartridge filters, not sand or DE filters. To wash them you open them up and hose them out -- I don't think backwashing is done. Somebody more knowledgeable can surely correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.