Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Big Storm Last Night

1. Back To Top    #1

Big Storm Last Night

We had a big storm last night, lots of lightening and heavy rain. 4.5 inches according to the rain gauge! Good thing I drained half the pool this past weekend and spent yesterday adding salt and bleach! Adjusted the water level last night in preparation for the storm but this morning I was outside in the pouring rain draining water out!! My Koi pond overflowed into the pool and the pool overflowed into the pond! So now I have a light shade of green going. Not mention the mulch everywhere! Oh well, here we go again! Bleach has been on standby for the shocking!
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Big Storm Last Night

I was very surprised to go out this morning and find that my pool was NOT overflowing.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

See the news, y'all got some serious rain.
    We had ours this morning, but it weakened before getting here so only 1.5 inches.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

We had a lot of rain here in Tulsa as well! I got home from work yesterday and backwashed until the water was lower than I'd normally have it (it was almost filled to the top after yesterday's rain!). I'm sure I'll have to do the same tonite when I get home, as the rain's just not letting up much yet. I'm sure I'll have to run the robot cleaner tonite as well...there was a lot of junk on the bottom last night.

I'm hoping it's not raining when I get home so I can check the pH and chlorine....I'm sure those have been affected by all the rain!
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a lot of junk on the bottom. Running the robot now. I bet I'll have to clean it out and run it again.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Put in 6 bags of salt and 8.5 gallons of bleach! Passed the OCT but I'm shocking anyways.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

7. Back To Top    #7

FC was still good. pH was off the chart. Added 1/2 gallon MA, waiting a while then going to add another 1/2 gallon. I'm betting my salt is low (going to measure later) but I am out of salt anyway. I had just added 2 bags (80 lbs) and was really almost at my desired 3500... but I bet I'm not now.

Robot was so full of silt and sand that it was stuck at the deep end. I hate washing it out, but it lookslike I'll be doing it often over the next few days.

8. Back To Top    #8

Only got 2" so far in East Texas...........but you could walk on the oak tree seed pods on top from the wind. What joy.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

9. Back To Top    #9

Got home last night to find water spilling over the top of the pool! Drained it for about 10 minutes to get the water down to its normal level. While cleaning, noticed a crawdad, small snake, and a couple of large spiders in the pool. Checked TC level, and it's holding steady at around 6...found pH was up again to 8.2, so added muriatic acid to bring it back down. Ran robot to clean the bottom....and ran it again this morning. More rain forecast for today and tomorrow.
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

10. Back To Top    #10

Adding a gallon wasn't enough to get it off 8.2. Added another gallon yesterday and now it's raining again today. Going to have to pick up more MA on the way home.

There were ducks in my pool this morning, so it must at least look pretty good.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH
    Adding a gallon wasn't enough to get it off 8.2. Added another gallon yesterday and now it's raining again today. Going to have to pick up more MA on the way home.

There were ducks in my pool this morning, so it must at least look pretty good.
    Ducks, came the other day. There the same pair I've had nest and lay eggs the last 2 years. So if my timing is right I will be the proud father of at least 12 mallards very soon!