need suggestions about replacing the swg or cell

lungs414

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 18, 2012
Eastern Long Island,New York
I have a 6 year old aquacomfort swg with a scc-40 cell. A quick goggle search tells me the replacement cell is about $600. I am wondering if it is better to just replace the whole system, maybe a compupool swg for around the same price. I have never had a problem with it ever. And I am trying to plan for the future maintenance expenses. I live on Long Island NY.
I also like the mineral springs from biogaurd and have been using it for the past four years, and have never cleaned the cell. Although I have never cleaned the cell I regularly inspect it and it has never looked bad.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

ps is there a recomended retailer to buy these items.

You're paying more than half the cost of a new system for a replacement part of a system that still has more parts to go bad. I'm a fan of just replacing a unit that is getting that old.

Mineral springs is a goldline/Hayward sysytem with a different sticker. They are a good unit that have been around for a long time with no significant retooling or anything. They have a nice sealed metal box that houses the controls that are pretty user friendly. The T-15 system would be comparable to what you have.

The compupool systems seem to be popular on here, but I don't have a ton of experience other than installing a couple systems for customers who decided to purchase online. Everyone on here seems to like them, though, and I know they have good customer service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.