I have a Paramount Ozonator on my 17000 gallon outdoor pool plaster/gunite. I know now after joining the forum and reading a lot that they are not necessary on outdoor pools, never the less the pool salesman sold it to me when he was designing the pool. That will teach me to reasearch first instead of taking the designers word for it, I could have put that money somewhere else. But now I have it so obviously I want to use it. My question is do I still shock my pool when I have Ozone? CC is 0 and FC is 5.5 so I don't see a need to shock right noe, but I guess what I am asking is that should the need arise will it hurt anything to "shock" a pool with an Ozonator?