Uprights for Circupool cell install

ncpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
TFP Team:

I completed the install of my circupool rj45. Everything looks good, but i realized after i had finished that i didn't follow the directions exactly.

In the following picture from the manual, it shows the cell barrel unions should run into at least a six inch length of straight pipe, and those "uprights" should go into the 90 elbows. Unfortunately, i missed this part and ran the barrel unions from the cell directly into the elbows.

W8Cgb.png

Should i rework the install to add the straight uprights? Or can i stop worrying about the oversight? Everything seems to be working just fine, i have the "fog" going into the return, salt is normal, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

One of the reasons for the 6" straight pipe is to allow a cleaner flow through the cell to evacuate any gases that may accumulate in the cell. Remember, this cell design uses a Gas Trap rather than a mechanical flow switch. Additional turbulance has the potential to not evaculate the gases as well. In your case, you've already stated that it's working fine, so I would leave it alone... as long as the cell is higher than the top of your filter (as recommended in the owners manual).

Just to follow up on this thread, i called circupool and the guy i talked to acted like this was almost a non-issue. He said he'd installed his unit as i had, cell barrel unions directly into the 90 degree elbows.

The hard copy manual i got with the unit also said this was fine. Not sure what prompted them to add the uprights in the online manual. At any rate, mine is still running fine with the unions directly into the elbows. No issues observed.

I'm planning on installing mine with one upright on the inlet and none on the outlet. This is because I don't want to replace a Jandy valve that would otherwise be necessary using the upright method on both sides. My final outlet back to the pool is about 18" off the ground but the inlet is down at ground level. Does anyone see issue with this?

The other option I would have is to install the cell at ground level, but then the outlet has to go upwards 18" to get to the outlet valve (which it currently does with the chlorinator).

Hope that makes sense. Not sure which way is better?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.