Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Syncing a Jandy PDA

1. Back To Top    #1

Syncing a Jandy PDA

I have a replacement PDA. I cannot find any instructions on how to sync it with the control box. I know theres a learn switch inside the receiver and a reset button. How do I get the PDA to talk to the system? Right now when I turn the PDA on, all I get is Waiting.....
    32,000 IG
    Salt T-15 Cell
    Vinyl Lined
    Haywood 1.5 HP
    Solar Heat system

2. Back To Top    #2

Central Florida

Re: Syncing a Jandy PDA

Here is the instruction from the manual to set frequency. I had to try a few different ones till I got the best one.

At the Transceiver J-box, remove the cover to expose the PCB. On the PDA Handheld Remote, press
    and hold both the UP and DOWN arrows simultaneously for three (3) seconds. After3 seconds, the CHANNEL SETUP screen
    appears. Select a channel. On the PDA Handheld Remote display screen, a prompt will appear with instructions to slide the J-box Learn Switch out of LEARN (OFF) and to press the J-box Reset Switch. At the PCB in the Transceiver J-box, slide the Learn Switch out of LEARN and press the Reset Switch. The Red and Green LEDs on the J-box will blink simultaneously.
    18k free form IG w/spa (4 jets), Paramount in floor cleaning system, Starite system 3 filter, Jandy 2hp ePump, Sta-Rite SR400LP Maxi-therm propane heater, Jandy aquapure/apurem 1400 SWCG, Jandy automation PS4 w/PDA, IntelliBrite 120v 5-G LED pool & spa lights, 2" piping and (3)4x12 (5)4x10 Fafco Sunsaver Solar Panels.