Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump timer question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump timer question

I'm looking at a portable timer for my pumps, and I think this one will do it:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CGgQ8wIwAQ

Does anyone have this timer? If so what does the back look like (no pictures anywhere on the interwebs)? I want to make sure I can mount it to my current setup before I buy it.

Thanks.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump timer question

I dont know much bout that timer;i just purchased a intermatic T101 off of ebay for 25.00 dollars from shipping. You would have to mount it to board and install a plug nd electrical cord though.

3. Back To Top    #3

All of the Intermatic are fairly good. The style you linked to is reasonably good, but it won't last as long as a hard wired unit. Of course, a hard wired unit isn't practical in all situations.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I think I'm going to have to go hardwired. Apparently that timer is only suitable for 1HP motors, and mine are 1.5HP.

It'll be a little more work, but not insurmountable. Thanks for looking guys.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Smykowski
    I think I'm going to have to go hardwired. Apparently that timer is only suitable for 1HP motors
    That's what I was just wondering, the non-hardwired timers I've seen on Amazon are 15amp. I was pretty sure my 2HP pump is too much for it and I don't want the hassle of unplugging and re-plugging to run on high speed.

Hardwired might be a bit above my skill set.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]