Garrett Liners - I know another liner question

bjsbuds

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 16, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
New to the forum, but I am addicted already. Great info and support.

My 10 year old pool needs some updating, starting with the liner. My existing liner is a Garrett Liner, Crystal Tile / Arctic Ice, 28ML wall & 20ML floor. All except for the very top of the liner is pretty much totally white. Here the liner sample from Garrett's web site.

Crystal Tile
Arctic Ice
92.jpg

My pool builder will be installing the new lining, and he has brought over all the 11" x 17" vinyl samples from Garrett Liners. Unfortunately, half of the sample is the border, which I am seriously considering not even having a border this time around. I cannot tell you how many hours I have spent searching the web for pictures of IG pools with vinyl liners. The Garrett Liners web site has very few photos, and none are identified with the liner pattern. The best web site I have found to date is http://www.apcopools.com. They sell three different liner brands, and if you click on a liner sample, they have photos at the bottom of pool installs. Also went to my local home show to see what pool builders were offering.

Seems as though the dark blue liners are very hot right now. My pool builder loves the tan liner, but said that most customers pick the Hampton Tile / Laguna.

Albion Tile
Sandstone

55.jpg

Hampton Tile
Laguna

50.jpg

I love looking at the slide show from various pool owners. I just wish that the brand and pattern of liners was listed in most everyone's signature. That way if forum members were considering a particular liner, and found one listed in a signature, they could ask that owner to show them a picture. I want to go darker than what I have, but the super dark blue scares me a little.

I have also found in my web searches that the same patterns seem to be offered by different brands, but using different names.

Interesting, that when my pool was build, I was encouraged to pay a few hundred extra to get the 28ML sidewalls, now the builder says 20ML is all you need.

I would love to hear from anyone that has replaced their liner in the past few years and see photos if available of what they selected.

Here is a photo of my pool's existing liner.

Attachments

• View of pool from gazebo.jpg
    View of pool from gazebo.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 422
I never really noticed until now but I suspect a lot of liner manufacturers copy popular designs. My PB uses Tara liners and right off I saw a few at your link that look almost identical to those offered from Tara. Perhaps one is the parent company of the other or they get their vinyl patterns from a common source? Here's three examples.

Tara Shenandoah
Shenandoah.jpg

Garrett Cathedral Tile Venetian
303_original.jpg

Tara Montego Bay
Montego_Bay.jpg

Garrett Cambridge Tile
284_original.jpg

Tara Cheyenne
Cheyenne.jpg

Garrett Summit Venetian
348_original.jpg

We went with the Montego Bay pattern. It was a tough choice though. Our runner up had the small tile for the pool bottom. We'd never seen the small tile pattern in use and were afraid the seams might be visible or that the tiles would be too prominent. (We chickened out!) With the pattern we chose the pool bottom should kinda disappear as it mimics the the diffraction of light cause by the surface of the water.

If you go to Tara's website they have a link called "Tara Pattern Planner" on the right hand sided. It'll simulate what the liner would look like in a pool.

Hi. I don't own a pool atm but I have to agree with your pool guy on the tan liners. I had one and it offered a variety of tones throughout the year depending on sunlight and cloud cover. I must say that I was not expecting the look as I topped the pool off the first time but as time went on, it lead to the most beautiful aqua color I could have ever imagined. I will never buy a blue liner for my pool when I do get another one... someday. It will definately be tan. :goodjob:

And I would offer pics but I would have to go to the above pool section and do links to threads that I made. My other computer is being held hostage and contains all my pics. :| My avatar is one of those pics. I just wanted to agree with your pool guy! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.