I'm so excited!!

cherylandco

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2009
Some of you won't be as impressed as me, but I took advantage of the NICE weather here in Central IL and changed the sand in my sand filter this weekend!! Vaccumed the sand out, had my dad and husband reset the concrete pad because it was out of level a bit, and filled it back up. I was scared to try it, but it really wasn't that bad!! I'm going to order an Oring and replace that while I'm at it too. Couldn't have done it without this board! :)

I really believe that we could swim right now. But I'm scared to fill the pool back up because I just really think that we are going to get some freezing weather and snow yet!!

Funniest thing: I used the shopvac to vaccuum the sand out. I didn't look in the canister before I started. When I dumped the sand out, I discovered that DH hadn't emptied it after he vaccuumed the van out. Guess what I found? (Besides candy wrapppers and sucker sticks?) A Brain Age DS game!!! Kids got a little chewing out! So after getting sucked up in the shop vac, sitting in the shopvac for a month, getting sandblasted from the sand from the filter, you wouldn't think it would work, would you? It did! Isn't that crazy?!?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.