Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Bought our first metal sided pool! Used

Bought our first metal sided pool! Used

Bought a Prestige model 18'x52" metal sided pool, complete with ladder, sand filter, 1HP pump, skimmer, and automatic cleaner for 350.00! Still has 5 years left on the 10 year warranty too. They bought it from atlanticpoolproducts.com. We'll be tearing down our old 24'x52" intex pool that we've had for about 4 years. Will use the same area to prep for the new to us pool to set it up on. Reading the instructions...looks like a lot of tedious work and I hope I didn't get us in over our heads instead of just buying another intex pool. But we've wanted a nice metal sided pool for a long time for our family and something we can build a deck up to. Hoping to have it all together by the end of April. Wishful thinking??
    Julie

Atlantic Pool Products "Prestige" metal wall pool 18' x 48" round
    vinyl liner
    Hayward Power Flo pump
    Hayward Perflex DE Filter Model EC50AC

Re: Bought our first metal sided pool! Used

I don't think it's wishful thinking at all. You should easily be able to out it up by the end of April. Just be sure and take your time with the leveling and setting and everything else will be a piece of cake.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.