Skim-eeze ?

I used an older version of that which looked like a leaf rake that clamped to the side of the pool. Most of the debris went around it. Very disappointing. I now have a poolskim and it works great! I have had it for 3 years and it does what it says it does. I get a lot of leaves and crepe myrtle blossoms in my pool and they can clog the skimmer in minutes. The poolskim takes care of most of it and holds quite a bit of debris. Look for the company video on youtube to see how it works.

The PoolSkim is what I use and am very happy with it. I'm on my second collection bag, the first one having unraveled at the seam. New bag was $12 including the shipping and is much better made.

It catches nearly all the dog hair that floats on the surface, very impressive performance. Dog hair in the skimmer, with or without a sock, turns into a compressed felt-like mass that will obstruct suction in no time. The PoolSkim also gets nearly all the pollen and flying ants. An excellent enhancement to our pool vergnugen!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the video link. Looks like it does a nice job and probably does not interfere with the weir. It does stick out into the pool quite a ways and would probably get in the way of my dogs' enthusiastic pool use.

Just picked this up at Leslie's for $20 today. I'll try it out and report back. Though currently with the rains, the pool is full so flow towards the skimmer is not as efficient until I drain some water.

Update. The way the overhang of the deck goes over the skimmer makes it impossible to mount it as is. I'll have to see if I can figure out a way to mount it.

Rindy, sorry to hear that. Makes me wonder if I want to put the effort to devising a custom mount.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.