Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skim-eeze ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Skim-eeze ?

Was trolling around the internets and came across this item.

http://www.skimeeze.com/

Was wondering if anyone has tried it yet? I'm hoping it'll help with all the pine needles that end up clogging the skimmer while I'm at work.

Thanks,
    Jim

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skim-eeze ?

I sure could use that this time of year with all the spring debris. Wish they showed a picture of the clamp that holds it in place.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

3. Back To Top    #3

Seems a little pricey for what it is.

Sent From My Inspire 4G Using Tapatalk
    18x36 Vinyl IG ~27,000 gal, Intelliflo VF Pump, 300# Sand Filter, Polaris 280 w/Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair EasyTouch w/ IC40 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

dang near any equipment to do with a pool is gonna be 50 bucks or up. they see us coming.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't know anything about the skimeeze, but a similar product, the PoolSkim, has gotten really good reviews from many people here.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: Re: Skim-eeze ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lershac
    dang near any equipment to do with a pool is gonna be 50 bucks or up. they see us coming.
    I believe you are correct

Sent From My Inspire 4G Using Tapatalk
    18x36 Vinyl IG ~27,000 gal, Intelliflo VF Pump, 300# Sand Filter, Polaris 280 w/Pentair Booster Pump, Pentair EasyTouch w/ IC40 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit
    SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

I, too, would be interested in how it's clamped on. I wonder if it interferes with the action of the skimmer weir?
    AnnaK

12,500 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

8. Back To Top    #8

I used an older version of that which looked like a leaf rake that clamped to the side of the pool. Most of the debris went around it. Very disappointing. I now have a poolskim and it works great! I have had it for 3 years and it does what it says it does. I get a lot of leaves and crepe myrtle blossoms in my pool and they can clog the skimmer in minutes. The poolskim takes care of most of it and holds quite a bit of debris. Look for the company video on youtube to see how it works.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

The PoolSkim is what I use and am very happy with it. I'm on my second collection bag, the first one having unraveled at the seam. New bag was $12 including the shipping and is much better made.

It catches nearly all the dog hair that floats on the surface, very impressive performance. Dog hair in the skimmer, with or without a sock, turns into a compressed felt-like mass that will obstruct suction in no time. The PoolSkim also gets nearly all the pollen and flying ants. An excellent enhancement to our pool vergnugen!
    AnnaK

Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

10. Back To Top    #10

Yep, the Poolskim gets rave reviews around here

The Skim-eeze looks interesting

I sure could use that this time of year with all the spring debris. Wish they showed a picture of the clamp that holds it in place.
    Here's a link to the youtube commercial of it in action and showing the clamps/install:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avHk0xL5 ... ata_player
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks for the video link. Looks like it does a nice job and probably does not interfere with the weir. It does stick out into the pool quite a ways and would probably get in the way of my dogs' enthusiastic pool use.
    AnnaK

12. Back To Top    #12

Just picked this up at Leslie's for $20 today. I'll try it out and report back. Though currently with the rains, the pool is full so flow towards the skimmer is not as efficient until I drain some water.
    30K gal. IG Free form
    Cartridge Filter, Solar and Gas Heater
    Using BBB

13. Back To Top    #13

Bought a Skim Eeze and it does not work. Don't waste your time or money. I sent mine back and got a full refund.
    24,000 gallon chlorine plaster in ground
    Triton II Sand Filter
    Pentair Pool Sweep/Cleaner

14. Back To Top    #14

Update. The way the overhang of the deck goes over the skimmer makes it impossible to mount it as is. I'll have to see if I can figure out a way to mount it.

Rindy, sorry to hear that. Makes me wonder if I want to put the effort to devising a custom mount.
    30K gal. IG Free form
    Cartridge Filter, Solar and Gas Heater
    Using BBB