Polaris 280

Flippy

Jan 8, 2011
Richmond, Texas
My pool is about 6 to 7 years old along with the Polaris 280 cleaner. Within the past few weeks the cleaner is not doing such a good job anymore as it is not moving and climbing walls as it used to when we first bought the house. The bag is ripped and so I know I need a new one already at a minimum. Is it worth trying to fix the cleaner or should I just break down and buy a new one? I see the rebuild kits online but they are about 1/2 the cost of a new cleaner. I can tell the cleaner has been worked on before because it is missing the top part of the cleaner and the backup valve is cracked as well. It has lots of scratches and looks old so I am thinking this was original to the pool. Is it worth trying to salvage at this point at 6+ years old or just buying a new one? Thanks for your input.

All the wheels are turning, but instead of going in a straight line it keeps trying to take a right. When it hits a wall or the stairs instead of climbing them it will just sort of bounce into it and get stuck. When we first bought our house it would climb the walls/stairs and go back down into the pool going the opposite way. The tail used to come out of the water and spray the windows and such but I haven't seen that happen in a long time. I am going to take a better look at it this afternoon. Thanks for your help.

Update - I just went outside and looked at it again and I realized that the back water thruster jet was not working at all. So I took it apart and cleaned it out and it has way more power now. I already ordered a new silt bag for it yesterday. I will keep an eye on it for a few days and let you know if I have any more issues. Thanks again for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.