Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Pool Question - Hose Connections to Pool

1. Back To Top    #1
    Lafayette, IN

Intex Pool Question - Hose Connections to Pool

We have a 16' Intex metal frame pool. I think we're getting ready to start season #5. But our pool has the simple rubber holes in the liner for attaching the inlet / outlet hoses to the pump.

Has anyone added the threaded connectors from the larger Intex pools? Maybe they cannot be purchased, I'm not sure.

I'm asking because we've had a "big pool" Hayward pump and sand filter for the last 4 seasons that has worked great. But I can only find cheap plastic 1.25" hoses for attaching it to the pool. These cheap hoses are always springing leaks and needing to be replaced. I would like to find some better quality hoses, and after looking at some of the links, maybe an external skimmer as well.

The hoses I have are just attached with a force fit and then clamped in place. The threaded versions, with the on/off valves, looks like a worthwhile upgrade. But I'm not sure how to integrate those with the type of liner holes I have.

Any suggestions on how to modify these inlet/outlet parts of the pool would be appreciated. As well as a source for related hoses to attach to the pump!

Thanks in advance,
    Intex 16'x48" 5000 gal. metal leg pool, Hayward 1.5hp pump w/sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Intex Pool Question - Hose Connections to Pool

You can trim the holes to accept 1.5" fittings, then you will have an easier time finding the parts you need, be it hoses or hard pvc. Check the different links in Useful links for fellow intex pool owners. Several folks have posted instructions for adapting the pools.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Clearwater, FL.

Re: Intex Pool Question - Hose Connections to Pool

Hi SteveE,
    Go here and read this post, I have posted there with pictures, where to buy and how to install them.
    My post starts at the bottom of page 1.

Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.