Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opinions on a 15' x 52" AGP ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Opinions on a 15' x 52" AGP ?

What are your impressions on a 15' round AGP ? Is there enough room in a pool of this size for kids (2) to have a good time ? Or is it akin to having an oversized bathtub in your yard ? Will the kids just lose interest ? Reason for asking is used pickings are slim and pricey. Except for an almost new 15' x 52" resin pool package with a new liner, already taken down and for $1150.
    18x33 Oval AGP. Unibead liner, Compupool CPSC 36 SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward, 200 lb sand filter, wedding cake steps, TFT 100, Pool Rover Jr. Liner pad and foam cove.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opinions on a 15' x 52" AGP ?

15' is very small. Unless your children are very young the pool will feel cramped. Use a bag of flour and lay out a 15' circle in your yard and you will see just how small it is. I think you would be happier with the large intex ultra metal frame pool new, with an upgraded pump and filter kit. Walmart has a 22' intex for $799.00 and you can find larger pools online as well.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Kids get bigger-------------pools don't! And then there's the occassional pesky adult..or 2.....or 3.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

we originally had a 18' round pool thinking it would be good enuf, well that didnt last long and now have a 18x33'
    get the biggest pool you can the 1st time and avoid buying it twice!
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

Don't spend that much for a 15'!
    Buy a cheap popup frame Intex and use it for now, save $$ and then upgrade with something bigger and nicer when the kids get bigger. The fun is still there with the smaller pool, just will be crowded if too many in the pool.
    Always keep looking for a deal.
    Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for all the advice. Those were my reservations as well. Pools are tricking onto the classifieds now that spring is coming. New add today for a 33" x 18" oval with everything we're looking for. Any advice about oval AGPs.
    18x33 Oval AGP. Unibead liner, Compupool CPSC 36 SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward, 200 lb sand filter, wedding cake steps, TFT 100, Pool Rover Jr. Liner pad and foam cove.