Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Draining During Initial Fill

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Draining During Initial Fill

Our pool was plastered on Friday and just this morning it reached just to the tile line and the skimmers. As soon as water went into the skimmers, the water started draining out the tube they said was just in case of the pool overfilling. According to my PB, I would think we still need at least another 3" of water. It is Sunday, so I am not sure if I will hear anything back from PB today, but wanted to get thoughts from anyone on here who might know what is happening.
    16,400 gallons, Pentair 30" sand filter, IG plaster, Pentair 2 HP Pump, Pentair Model 120 Heatpump, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator (no longer used), Polaris 280 Cleaning System, Doheny's Discovery Robotic Cleaner, WPC2 Controller

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water Draining During Initial Fill

Never mind, just talked to the PB and the crew forgot to install the PVC floater for the auto fill system. I stuck in a 1" pvc pipe as a temporary fix and that solved my problem.
    16,400 gallons, Pentair 30" sand filter, IG plaster, Pentair 2 HP Pump, Pentair Model 120 Heatpump, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator (no longer used), Polaris 280 Cleaning System, Doheny's Discovery Robotic Cleaner, WPC2 Controller

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Water Draining During Initial Fill

Glad you got it solved.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit