Mild Midwest Winter, Woo Hoo!

Greetings from unusually warm Wisconsin. :sunny:
It's only a bit after 6:30 AM, it's already 63 degrees and is to b in the 80s and sunny again today.
Wake me up, am I dreaming?? :lol:
*I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop* :jocolor:

As I mentioned I live in the Midwest, WI to b exact and we kept our Easy Set Pool up all Winter long.
We had no major prblms w/ it breaking dwn nor did the ice destroy the sides by piercing holes in the walls, and, the ring is still inflated.
Mind u, we did have an unusually mild Winter this year, and yes the ice in the pool did indeed freeze thoroughly.
We Winterized it chemically, exactly the way we normally did w/ our 24' above ground pool that croaked the beginning of last Summer.
We placed one of those very large blown up pillows in it and covered it w/ the Intex "Summer" cover.
The only prblm that we had (which was a small one) was that the cheaply constructed "Summer" cover blew into the pool and froze in the ice.
(Yes, we realize that it's a "Summer" cover or a Summer debris keeper outer.)
Come Fall we will have to figure something else out for this next Winter's winterizing if we decide to keep it up again which I am sure we will.
Btw, the Intex folks do not recommend keeping these type of pools up all Winter long even if u live in mild Winter areas.
We did it just to experiment, heck fire for $315.45 vs $3200.00 it was indeed a challenge not to resist.
$3200.00 is what our old pool cost us and it lasted 16 yrs b/4 one of the non-sun touched below the deck aluminum walls rusted and the north wall blew out while we were filling it.
We also hooked up our old Barracuda cleaner w/ leaf catcher and let that do the job all Summer long.
U just need to find the correct adapters to hook to ur pump system.
We used our 1.5 HP Hayward Matrix System w/ sand filter (18).

Intex, if u r reading this, please come up w/ a better skimmer system for the Easy Set, one that will STAY IN THE WATER, vs wanting to float on top of the water and suck air.:-?
That set-up really sucks not to mention the fact that the arm that attaches to the ring cracks easily as it gets sun drenched! :-x :sad:
(Gorilla Glue and Gorilla Tape worked wonders! No, I do not work for the Gorilla Glue ppl. ;-))
I know, I know in order to have a better skimmer system we should purchase the metal frame unit but then, w/ living in WI we WOULD have to take it dwn every Winter so that the metal supports will not rust out quicker.
When this one completely dies we will most certainly upgrade to a different type of Intex Pool.

We luv our Intex pool, it's big enough for our 8yo G'son and myself to comfortably njoy. :whoot:
TY Intex! ;-)
And TFP ppl for developing this board! :goodjob:
Shaw

PS.... Does TFP perhaps have a FaceBook pg or a Tweet, Tweet pg?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.