Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pepple tech color?

1. Back To Top    #1

pepple tech color?

Question pepple tech pools - I'm draining my pool today - recently purchased home. The pepple tech looks kind of greenish - is this normal?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    14,387 Gallons; Sand Triton II TR 100; IG; Pebble; WhisperFlow 1 1/2 HP Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pepple tech color?

Could be Algae. Have you tested before draining? And why are you draining?
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    Could be Algae. Have you tested before draining? And why are you draining?
    These were my numbers. Checked with the water balance thread and they suggested I drain. Is there a way to test for algae? I went to the pebbletec website and it looks like its the color - Irish Mist which is greenish in color on the website.

FC 2
    TC 2
    PH 8
    TA 170
    CH 750
    CYA 100+

4. Back To Top    #4

Probably because of the CH being high. What test kit are you using? CYA is way high also. Could be test kit.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

5. Back To Top    #5

With a CYA of 100 you should be targeting a FC of 7ppm.
    To test for algae read this thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...rnight_fc_test
    You don't need to drain a pool to beat algae.
    Some of the Pros should be along soon.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by George N
    With a CYA of 100 you should be targeting a FC of 7ppm.
    To test for algae read this thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...rnight_fc_test
    You don't need to drain a pool to beat algae.
    Some of the Pros should be along soon.
    Yes - I'm draining because of the CYA and CH levels. I was just concerned of the color of the pepple tec. I took a pumice stone to a small area to see if it would come off and it didn't so I'm thinking its the pebble tec color.

7. Back To Top    #7

Your test kit is the key to the numbers. Pool store numbers are usually wrong. And like George said with CYA your FC should way higher than it is. You need to do an overnight FC check and see if you pass. CH can be solved by partial drain.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    Your test kit is the key to the numbers. Pool store numbers are usually wrong. And like George said with CYA your FC should way higher than it is. You need to do an overnight FC check and see if you pass. CH can be solved by partial drain.
    These are the numbers from my test kit - I bought a kit from Leslie's - the Complete DPD test kit.

9. Back To Top    #9

As maxepr1 said a partial drain or several will fix the CYA and CH.
    Seldom do they recommend here a full drain as the pool may float.
    As far as the color of the finish I defer to the Pros
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

This thread has really gotten off track. OP's question was to the accuracy of his/her pebble-tec color.

I'm not sure if anyone can tell from that photograph. Like most masonry products, each batch will have variation and I would say that it "looks" normal to me but there's simply too many variables to say for sure. Are you displeased with the color?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    This thread has really gotten off track. OP's question was to the accuracy of his/her pebble-tec color.

I'm not sure if anyone can tell from that photograph. Like most masonry products, each batch will have variation and I would say that it "looks" normal to me but there's simply too many variables to say for sure. Are you displeased with the color?
    Not displeased..was just wondering if maybe I should acid wash as I read that is usually done when draining. I feel better after looking at pebble tec's website as it looks like the pictures there. Before seeing the pictures I was just wondering if i could have been stained by algae or something. But now I'm thinking its meant to be that way.

Thanks for all the comments!