What would cause pump pressure to do down?

crud in the impeller.
I didn't know what an impeller was, but just found out on wikipedia. So if that is the cause, is there any way to fix it? The pump is only one year old.

Air in the line (suction leak)
When the leak detector guys came out they said there was a small suction leak in the line coming from the skimmer. They said it was not big enough to cause water loss but would get a little air into the system. Maybe that is is slowly getting worse.

They fixed the more serious leaks that were causing water to go down. I guess I will eventually need to dig up that line and fix it.

Depending on the pump it may be easy to check/clean the impeller. I recently had an oak tree drop lots of stuff into the pool and it got by both baskets. The tree droppings look like worms when wet, pollen pods for lack of a better term, clogged the impeller. On my pump (Duraglass) it's easy to get to the impeller and clean it out. It isn't hard to do, but you need to separate the motor from the housing to get access to the impeller. The impeller is connected to the motor shaft.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.