Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Member, Few Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Garden State

New Member, Few Questions

After a few years of having our pool serviced I have decided to take it on myself as I was not a huge fan of the way the company handled it or the costs associated with their service.

I am thinking of getting an automatic cleaner to reduce the time I would need to spend cleaning as I have one toddle and one new-born who will demand much of my time. Has anyone had experience with the iRobot Veri models ( ... age=family)? I would like to stay away from requiring an additional pump and ideally stay away from using my filter for this purpose.

I have heard good things about Skimmer Socks; has anyone tried the non-brand name ones which seem to be much cheaper: ... ode=MFS505

All information is welcome...thanks!
    Pool Details:
    - inground vinyl liner, approx 35,000 gal; Hayward DE-6000; Pentair VS3050
    - 600sq ft Heliocol; Blue Diamond; 8 Gal Liquidator
    - TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA
    I have used these in the past and they do collect a lot of junk that would normally end up in the filter. But since I only clean my filter twice a year and I was a bit lazy on cleaning the socks, I stopped using them.

However, I did find a good use for them. I now use them to dissolve CYA.

BTW, Welcome to the forum!
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner