Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best product to renovate pool deck...HELP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Abilene, KS

Best product to renovate pool deck...HELP!

My current pool deck is covered in blue outdoor carpet...while its easy on feet, it really dates the whole enviroment and it terrible to keep stuff off of it. I need to do something different! I realize that when I pull it up, I'm going to have to remove/grind all the glue off. Question is...What does everyone feel is the best thing to put down? Leave concrete and stain it, tile, Kool-Deck, etc?? I found some stuff that looks like little pebbles and it mixed with an epoxy and put down. It looks pretty nice! Any and all help/suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!!
    25,000 gallon Vinyl Lined Inground. One skimmer, 2 returns. Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-4, Hayward Pro Grid DE 3620 with VariFlow valve, LaarsLite 2 propane heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best product to renovate pool deck...HELP!

There are many resurfacing options, such as in the following links (not recommendations, just examples).

Kool-deck is an OK solution. I don't like the epoxy with rocks, because the epoxy is too slick when new, and the rocks come loose as the epoxy wears down. The rough surface harbors dirt and mildew. Painting can be an acceptable choice.