Hi everyone. Opened my pool yesterday (earliest opening ever for me - usually I open first week in April or thereabouts, but it's been way above seasonal here and long term forecasts show highs in the teens (celsius) right through till the end of March).
Anyway, when I took the caps off my return lines, there was bright pink on the teflon tape and in the threads of the lines. Is it likely that this is pink algae? Anything special I should do besides raising chlorine to shock level? I used a toothbrush to scrub the threads on the return lines.
Speaking of shock - there will be almost no CYA in the water after the winter (I have a safety cover and the pool has refilled from below the returns to over the skimmer with rain/snow melt). Should I raise the CYA before shocking, or just aim for a shock level based on 0 CYA in the water?
By the way, I will be testing the water with my K2006, today after the pump has been running for 24hrs.