Kolbasinskis' Finished DIY pool remodel!

Sep 28, 2007
Austin, Texas
We did it! It's done. Okay, not completely done. We have a couple of deck-meets-coping-patching and then pouring our deck-o-seal in the expansion joint....but really, it feels done! We are off on Friday and I have a ton of plants to pot and get all our summer stuff out and dusted off. Oh - and scrub the diving board so it looks as new as everything else.

The color today it much more beautiful. Not day-glo green like in the picture. The color is a carribean blue/green. Very clear and the same color as the water in the pictures from our Cayman Island trip!

We love the beach color pebble. The stone was hand cut and placed around the pool and spa. We (my hubby)built out the spa face and tiled it. It used to be rock. Where the waterfall used to just pour out over the rock now it slides out in a sheet. It's incredible. I did help, but my husband did the majority of the work and he ROCKS! I'm just demo, lunch runs and material selection.

Here is the flickr link, I hope this works. I've had a hard time loading up pictures and I'm new to flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/24803658@N04/T439ae

Really nice job! You should be proud. I like your tile and stone selections. We're trying to get our PB finished and while we're not DIY'ers, next pool (if we ever do another one!) will be owner built. Enjoy your pool, it looks great. 8)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.