Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rapak Heat Pump and Hayward 2 speed pump combination

1. Back To Top    #1

Rapak Heat Pump and Hayward 2 speed pump combination

I have a 20x40 in-ground pool with a Hayward 1.5 hp 2-speed super pump(SP2610X15). I have purchased a Raypak 8530TI digital heat pump. I am hearing conflicting information on whether the heat pump will operate with the pump on low speed. Does anyone have experience with this combination of equipment? Assuming that the heat pump will require the pump in high speed, is there a simple timer I can use to activate the heat pump through the "two or 3 wire remote control" feature of the heat pump. I have a separate timer to control the low-high speed function of the pump. I thought I might run the heater with the pump in high speed for 8 hours during the day. I'm not looking to control everything from my iPhone . I just want a simple combination that works trouble-free. Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Rapak Heat Pump and Hayward 2 speed pump combination

I don't know whether the HP will operate with your pump on low (though I suspect it might), but depending on the timer you have you may be able to add a set of aux contacts to control the heater.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit