A couple of random questions...

Mar 30, 2011
Thanks to all for all the great information.

I am starting on a new build and had a couple of questions:

I am putting in an 'L' shaped island. When I built the deck, I had a natural gas line installed to where the grill will be.

First question - is it ok to have the gas line come up directly under the grill? I will also have a side burner and was planning on putting in a shut off value and then a T. One line running up to the grill and the other line running to the side burner. I know it is not recommended to put a propane tank in the same compartment as the grill, but didn't know about a natural gas line.

Second question - do I need to seal of (via hardi) the compartment under the grill from the rest of the island? Didn't know if it was wise to due heat transfer or other reasons? I am not installing any 'cold' devices (just the grill, side burner, and a couple of doors.

Thanks again for all the help via reading prior posts!

1 - My gas line comes up under my grill. I also think mine is configured like you described. I put a shut-off then a T and then a line to the grill and the side burner. Just make sure you have adequate ventilation in the compartments that are housing any sort of gas.

2 - No it is not necessary to seal the compartment. Mine is open to other sections of the insides, but again just make sure these compartments have adequate ventilation.

Riles

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.