Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A couple of random questions...

1. Back To Top    #1

A couple of random questions...

Thanks to all for all the great information.

I am starting on a new build and had a couple of questions:

I am putting in an 'L' shaped island. When I built the deck, I had a natural gas line installed to where the grill will be.

First question - is it ok to have the gas line come up directly under the grill? I will also have a side burner and was planning on putting in a shut off value and then a T. One line running up to the grill and the other line running to the side burner. I know it is not recommended to put a propane tank in the same compartment as the grill, but didn't know about a natural gas line.

Second question - do I need to seal of (via hardi) the compartment under the grill from the rest of the island? Didn't know if it was wise to due heat transfer or other reasons? I am not installing any 'cold' devices (just the grill, side burner, and a couple of doors.

Thanks again for all the help via reading prior posts!
    Pool Capacity - 17,000+/-,Sand Filter on IG plaster style older build, pump size TBD

Free eBook! ---> Internet Safety Tips - "The Essentials" ---> The Seeber Consulting Blog

2. Back To Top    #2
    Nashville, TN

Re: A couple of random questions...

1 - My gas line comes up under my grill. I also think mine is configured like you described. I put a shut-off then a T and then a line to the grill and the side burner. Just make sure you have adequate ventilation in the compartments that are housing any sort of gas.

2 - No it is not necessary to seal the compartment. Mine is open to other sections of the insides, but again just make sure these compartments have adequate ventilation.

16x32 IG vinyl, 19,000 gal, 1.0 hp pump, sand filter, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, diving board, slide