Want to see pictures of peristaltic pump installations

gujjuman

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Hi all and thanks to TFP, I have scrapped my PB's original plans for ozone, fusion2, and inline chlorinator in favor of a Stenner 45MHP2 pump...I also became a lifetime supporter after just a few posts due to gobs of useful info you all have thrown at me.

Now I just need some suggestions on how to make this happen since the PB doesn't know much about this (surprise, surprise).

I have a 30k pool in NC with 5 deckjets but no spa or other water features. We are installing a Jandy CV340 cartridge filter, 2 speed Jandy Stealth pump and the Stenner. I saw some of the photos and read through this thread, but what would you suggest for a completely "new install" of this setup?

I wondered if there was a plumbing diagram (or at least your suggestions) that I could show the subcontractors just to make sure it's all done right.
It seems that the injector line should be located after all equipment, is that correct? I just want to be sure these guys don't mess up my setup as the previous equipment pad was an utter mess.

Sorry for the "basic" questions, but I truly appreciate your help...thanks!

If you look through my "defected to the dark side" thread you'll see pics of my setup as well as a few others. The injection point should be the last thing in the return line before going to the pool. However, if read through the thread you'll see the discussion about placing it elsewhere and the possible ramifications.

This is the injection point right after the water exits the filter to return to the pool. Mine works, but looks kinda redneck. I used a T with 1/2 thread and sliced it in half. I then used hose clamps and two part epoxy to attach it and make it water tight. It is ugly, but it is water tight and works.

[ img ]://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc258/dejaymiller2/Stenner/IMG_0086.jpg[ /img ]
On the wall close to the pump is the injection pump. On the wall on the opposite side is the timer for the pump.

[ img ]://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc258/dejaymiller2/Stenner/IMG_0077.jpg[ /img ]
On the ground is my 15 gallon chlorine tank. Most of the tank is below the ground to keep it cool and help slow the degradation of the chlorine. Above the tank on the wall is the timer.

[ img ]://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc258/dejaymiller2/Stenner/IMG_0076.jpg[ /img ]

Not shown well in the photos is the 1/4 line that goes from the buried tank to the pump and then from the pump to the T fitting in the pool plumbing.

Installing the plumping for the pump was much easier for me then the wiring for the timer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.