Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Want to see pictures of peristaltic pump installations

1. Back To Top    #1

Want to see pictures of peristaltic pump installations

Hi all and thanks to TFP, I have scrapped my PB's original plans for ozone, fusion2, and inline chlorinator in favor of a Stenner 45MHP2 pump...I also became a lifetime supporter after just a few posts due to gobs of useful info you all have thrown at me.

Now I just need some suggestions on how to make this happen since the PB doesn't know much about this (surprise, surprise).

I have a 30k pool in NC with 5 deckjets but no spa or other water features. We are installing a Jandy CV340 cartridge filter, 2 speed Jandy Stealth pump and the Stenner. I saw some of the photos and read through this thread, but what would you suggest for a completely "new install" of this setup?

I wondered if there was a plumbing diagram (or at least your suggestions) that I could show the subcontractors just to make sure it's all done right.
    It seems that the injector line should be located after all equipment, is that correct? I just want to be sure these guys don't mess up my setup as the previous equipment pad was an utter mess.

Sorry for the "basic" questions, but I truly appreciate your help...thanks!
    Charlotte, North Carolina, 30k, in-ground concrete (built 2001, remodeled 4/2012), PebbleSheen Blue Aqua, Polaris 360, Jandy 1.0 HP Dual Speed Stealth Pump, Stenner Pump 45MHP2 220v - 1/4" black tubing mounted on 15 gallon UV Gray tank, Jandy CV340 CF, CMP deck jets x6. TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Want to see pictures of peristaltic pump installations

Hi, welcome to TFP! Yes, Stenner pump should be the last thing before the return. Someone should be posting their pictures in the next day or two.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

If you look through my "defected to the dark side" thread you'll see pics of my setup as well as a few others. The injection point should be the last thing in the return line before going to the pool. However, if read through the thread you'll see the discussion about placing it elsewhere and the possible ramifications.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Bama -

Can you post the link for the "deflected to the dark side" thread?

Thanx.
    SW FL, 19K IG with spillover & cage, Goldline Pro-Logic PS-8, Hayward Sense & Dispense, Hayward Swim Clear 4025, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, Stenner MA pump, Aquabot, Hayward Aquarite SWG, Palin Pooltest 9, Helicol Solar.

5. Back To Top    #5

Here you go!

I think the first pics are on page 4.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I just took pics of mine with the iPad, now I have to figure out how to post them from it.
    13k gallon IG gunite pool
    Jandy 2 speed pump
    Jandy cartridge filter
    Stenner Pump and tank

7. Back To Top    #7

This is the injection point right after the water exits the filter to return to the pool. Mine works, but looks kinda redneck. I used a T with 1/2 thread and sliced it in half. I then used hose clamps and two part epoxy to attach it and make it water tight. It is ugly, but it is water tight and works.

[ img ]://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc258/dejaymiller2/Stenner/IMG_0086.jpg[ /img ]
    On the wall close to the pump is the injection pump. On the wall on the opposite side is the timer for the pump.

[ img ]://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc258/dejaymiller2/Stenner/IMG_0077.jpg[ /img ]
    On the ground is my 15 gallon chlorine tank. Most of the tank is below the ground to keep it cool and help slow the degradation of the chlorine. Above the tank on the wall is the timer.

[ img ]://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc258/dejaymiller2/Stenner/IMG_0076.jpg[ /img ]

Not shown well in the photos is the 1/4 line that goes from the buried tank to the pump and then from the pump to the T fitting in the pool plumbing.

Installing the plumping for the pump was much easier for me then the wiring for the timer.
    13k gallon IG gunite pool
    Jandy 2 speed pump
    Jandy cartridge filter
    Stenner Pump and tank

8. Back To Top    #8

thanks for the pictures and the link...really helped me get a handle on the process....will post pictures of my hook up once completed...
    Charlotte, North Carolina, 30k, in-ground concrete (built 2001, remodeled 4/2012), PebbleSheen Blue Aqua, Polaris 360, Jandy 1.0 HP Dual Speed Stealth Pump, Stenner Pump 45MHP2 220v - 1/4" black tubing mounted on 15 gallon UV Gray tank, Jandy CV340 CF, CMP deck jets x6. TF-100.