DefenderB

DefenderB

Gold Supporter
Mar 13, 2012
Caribbean
Hi folks !

I am a new pool owner in the Caribbean island of Trinidad, and have found that the TFP website
is a great source of helpful information.

I have a situation that I am hoping someone can help me with:

The pool service / supply industry in my island is not very well developed, and I am planning to
do my own pool maintenance initially.

I own a simple test kit ....... the Taylor K - 2005 ......... which is the only kit that can be purchased locally.

I would like to purchase some additional equipment when I visit Florida next month.

These are the items I would like to get:

* Lamotte 7514 Chlorine FAS - DPD test kit

* Taylor: # K-1766 Salt Test kit

* Lamotte: #2067 ColorQ Pro9 Plus digital test kit (I am not so good with colors)

* "The Circulator" return line fittings (6 no) with #10008 Surface Action Nozzles (6 no)

Problem is: I have located these items on various websites, but none of the sites will allow internet purchase using
my Caribbean credit card.

Do you know of any store(s) in Florida that actually stock these items ......... where I could just walk in and purchase?

The parts of Florida that I intend to visit are: Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Tampa / Crearwater but if necessary I could
drive to other locations.

I would greatly appreciate any information on retail stores.

______________________________________________________________________________________

If my pool details are of interest, here they are:

15,000 gallons in ground, Diamond Brite plaster finish, 6 returns, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, Pentair Intelliflo pump,
Pentair Tagelus TA 100D sand filter, IntelliChlor IC20 chlorine generator.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Best regards,

Brian Nothnagel.

Your best bet is probably going to be to call a Leslies (or other pool store) that's on your route and ask if they stock, or will order in the items you need. I bet if you explain the situation they'll order the parts in and have them waiting for you. You may have to give them your CC info to get them to order it then actually pay with some other form.

Thanks for the welcomes! And thanks Dave for the advice.

I will contact Leslies and see what can be arranged.

Will let you know how it works out.