Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Planning pool in League City, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Planning pool in League City, TX

Hello All,

We are in the planning stage of building an in-ground pool in League City. I've found this forum to be a great help. I would really like to hear is anyone has had experience (good or bad) with pool builders in the area. I will post pictures as soon as the build begins.

Mark
    Pool completed in the fall of 2008.
    Landmark's pool build

Freeform 26' x 45' IG gunite, 4' to 8' deep, 29,500 gallons, WetEdge PearlMatrix Tropical Mystic, Freeform 8' X 11' Ultimate 16 jet spa, 38' moss rock weeping wall and 3 waterfalls,

4 pumps (Intelliflo 4X160 filter pump, WhisperFlo 3HP spa pump, Pentair 2 1/2HP WaterFall pump, cleaner booster), EasyTouch 8 controls, Quad DE 100 filter, MasterTemp 400K heater, Pentair Legend Platinum cleaner, 995 sqft. Sundek.

2. Back To Top    #2

We had ours done by Anthony & Sylvan last year. Our overall experience was pretty good. Any issues that we had were taken care of in a reasonable time frame.
    12000 gal IG plaster, SWCG, cartridge filter, Spillover Spa

3. Back To Top    #3

I would recommend our PB to ANYONE but he only builds in the Cypress area. However, a friend/colleague who lives in Pearland used Monterey Bay Pools and he is very happy with it.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mark,

Welcome to TFP. Glad you got registered. I see a few people have already responded. I live in Pearland and used Monterey Bay. Dwayne and Brenda McNeil did a wonderful job on my build. I could not be happier. I went out for 5 different quotes before making a decision. Of those, and you can use the same for quotes, Pineloch Pools, Rainey Pool, Monterey Bay, Backyard Amenities, and Horizon.

I see that PaulP had a succesful build with Anthony Sylvan... I personally would not touch them with a 10 foot pole. My folks built a pool with them. Long story short, 1.5 years later, their pool was completed (Complete Nightmare).

Best of luck to you on your choices. Feel free to PM if you have any other questions or simply reply.

Once again, welcome to TFP.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

5. Back To Top    #5
    We were very happy with our experience using Richard's Total Backyard Solutions. Having a good salesman can make a big difference too. If you'd like to send me a pm, I'll give you the name and e-mail address of ours.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

6. Back To Top    #6

I agree Sean, the salesman can make all the difference in the world. Our pool was completed in 30 days from layout to filling. I was around everyday recovering from surgery so it was easy to stay on top of the contractors. From the different companies that are building pools in my subdivision, it seems there is a pool of subcontractors that they all use. PM me if you would like the name of our salesman.
    12000 gal IG plaster, SWCG, cartridge filter, Spillover Spa