Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NE Houston Suburb narrow pool build!

1. Back To Top    #1

NE Houston Suburb narrow pool build!

Hello folks, I have been lurking for a while and thought I would post what is going on in my backyard. We have very limited room since most of the waterfront on Lake Houston is owned by the city, so our pool is somewhat narrow but long. In fact the edge of the pool runs as close to the easement as possible. Either way, for us it is plenty of room and a huge upgrade from the pool we had at our last residence.

Gunite, pool builder is Vista Pools (Have been great so far...)

46ft X 12ft (at widest point, deep end)
    3.5ft to 8ft deep
    1.5 hp Tristar EE
    3025 Hayward cartridge filter
    2 Skimmers
    4ft Sheer descent
    2 Bubblers in sunshelf
    Paralevel Auto water leveler
    444 sqft Spraydeck, Kahlua Creme
    114 Perimeter, Nysa Travertine coping
    Pebblesheen aqua blue

Computer layout

Pre Dig

Gunite install

Coping and Tile install

I should have taken another pic of the glass mosaic tile after they washed it down. I guess I'll snap one tomorrow...It looks amazing!

Here's a better pic...

Anyway, more to come soon! Thanks for looking...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: NE Houston Suburb narrow pool build!

Welcome to TFP!

Well, you have used the space that you were given to the fullest. Your doberman wasted no time in christening the build site I see. It looks good!

3. Back To Top    #3

looks good! where did you decide on the placement of light niches? can't seem to see from the pics.

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks good. Welcome to TFP!
    I bet you are glad to see the water levels come back up finally. Caught some nice cats up Lucys a few days ago before the rain.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Yup, I cant believe how fast the water came up. I love fishing in Luce's...there and in the E. Fork is where some nice bass are. Im near the west fork in Atascocita Shores, lots of catfish out here for sure. We just moved here from Eagle Springs last summer and we love it, but the water was so low I couldnt get my boat in. All that has changed...water rose over 6 feet in just a matter of months.

My dobie loves to swim too, but the dalmatian not so much. I'm ready for the yard to be less destroyed and muddy, building a pool with big dogs is a pain in the rear when they need to go out.

We are having two lights installed...ColorLogic 4.0's, one in the shallow end facing toward the deep, and one in the deeper end on the angled wall, also facing toward the deep. You just cant see the niches from the pics.

6. Back To Top    #6

All the tile and coping work was finished up today and another crew will start forming the decking now. The Pebble Sheen is scheduled for Thursday...we will see if the weather holds up and we can get all this work done!

7. Back To Top    #7

Keeping fingers crossed for you with the storms they have predicted for the weekend.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.

8. Back To Top    #8

Well everything was delayed by the rain last couple of days, but we are getting back on track. The decking is scheduled to be poured tomorrow and maybe the plaster on Friday or Saturday. Today they formed all the decks and installed the drains. A couple of other guys were in the pool cleaning it out and prepping it for the plaster. I ordered my TF-100 test kit today as well.

9. Back To Top    #9

I bet you cant wait! Good that you got the test kit.
    While the build continues be sure to spend some time reading Pool School.

10. Back To Top    #10

Looking good. It appears you are about a week and half ahead of our new pool in Cypress . Looking forward to getting a preview of your aqua blue pebble sheen. Same color that we chose. I've heard it described as almost windex looking. It didn't look that dramatically blue when we saw it, but it was mostly overcast on the days we saw them.
    23x40 freeform w/spa, 28,000 gal. PCC-2000 in-floor cleaning. Pebble Sheen w/flagstone coping. 14' weeping wall, (2) 18" sheer descents. Sta Rite- cart 400 sqft. filter, Intellipro VS pump, 1hp (cleaning)2hp (water feature)Max E Pro's. Easy Touch 8 function w/IPod. Rainbow chlorinator, Paramount Clear O3 (I know, I know), Max-E-Therm 400K heater.

11. Back To Top    #11

My wife and I looked at many pebble sheen colors and even a pebble tec...Unfortunately our builder didnt have any Aqua Blue pebble sheen builds to view. So, we're going in a little blind as I have only seen it in pictures and we all know how different the true colors can actually be. In the end I figured what the heck, I'll be the model for the Aqua Blue. Besides it's what the wife wanted...so I scored a few extra points there too...lol. I'll be sure to take some pics!

12. Back To Top    #12

Decking is poured. End result will be later, when it is spray decked in Kahlua Creme. After they pull all the tile, they are also going to spray deck the covered patio to match. Plaster is scheduled for tomorrow!

13. Back To Top    #13

Pool is still weeping in water from recent heavy rains. Plaster is delayed, they will take another look on Monday.

14. Back To Top    #14

Hang in there Matt, going to look nice when its done!

15. Back To Top    #15

They plastered today!

16. Back To Top    #16

Almost full!!! We should be doing startup this afternoon. Cant wait to see how the water looks once the water and chems are balanced.

17. Back To Top    #17

Looks really good.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

18. Back To Top    #18

Thanks!

Here are a few more pics with the lights on. Its very cloudy and no chlorine yet, but I am happy the whole thing is starting to look like I imagined it...and not just a muddy hole in the ground!

19. Back To Top    #19

In the Industry

Pool looks really good!! So you where one of the people stealing are lake water..

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Keven
    Pool looks really good!! So you where one of the people stealing are lake water..
    Lol no not yet! We just bought the place last July and the water was so low my sprinkler system was useless. I saw some folks extending their systems to try and reach water 30ft away. It was soooo hot and dry last summer....I am looking forward to the pool this year. Its the one thing I missed most about the house we sold in Eagle Springs...

Anyway, better to use raw lake water on the lawn....the stuff that comes out of the tap is already processed, why waste it?

I will post more pics when the decking is done.....hopefully Saturday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast