Circupool rj45 cell corrosion

Mar 14, 2012
I have a rj45 installed on a 33k vinyl pool. This is a 3 year old unit that preformed perfect the first 2 of years, running at 50-60% FC 2.5-3 all year. Last year I had problems maintaining FC with unit running at 80-100%. Tested water weekly if not daily all season. Contacted tech and ran more tests for potassium and nitrates still nothing. Upon inspection of cell before opening pool this season. I found corrosion of the electrodes attached to the plates on the cell, but only on the top electrodes, the lower ones look new. With the 'self cleaning, reverse polarity' I would have assumed the erosion should have been even.

I'm going to contact Circupool in the morning, just wanted to know if anyone has seen this.

It's common for the plates to wear unevenly. The flow of the water through the cell isn't laminar so there's turbulence in the cell which contributes to uneven wear.

On a related note about your pool chemistry. The most likely reason you had to run the cell at 80 to 100% is because you either had a nascent algae bloom or you didn't have enough CYA in the water. If you could post a set of test results and how you go them, from last year (or from this one) we can help with the chemistry part. And you won't use up your cell prematurely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.