Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 1970's-80's Doughboy/Lomart pool, looking for parts

1. Back To Top    #1

1970's-80's Doughboy/Lomart pool, looking for parts

I'm looking for parts for this pool. There is a sticker on the wall that says Doughboy, but the frame looks like an older version of the Lomart 'Sierra Pines' or 'Grey Mist'. The wall was replaced around 1982 and I'm not sure if its the same as the original. But if anyone has either a wall like this or frame parts like these that they're getting rid of, please let me know, I'll take them.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/wan/2902606606.html (I'd post the pictures on here, but don't know how, sorry)

Thank You

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 1970's-80's Doughboy/Lomart pool, looking for parts

I would check with the guys at www.poolandspawarehouse.com. If you email them at their "Contact Us" email and explain what you are looking for, they might be able to help you. We have a longstanding relationship with the company here at TFP. Having purchased from them in the past, they have always been able to find the needed parts.

3. Back To Top    #3

Have you ever seen this model pool before? Can you confirm to me the brand and year/s it was made? Thanks for the comment BTW.

4. Back To Top    #4

I am sorry to say that I have not seen that particular model before. That doesn't mean much though. If you are looking for someone who has seen it, here would be the place to go.

5. Back To Top    #5

Doughboy is the only pool company with the elongated skimmer opening, correct? And I've heard that usually you have to stick with the same brand when replacing the wall, otherwise it might not fit. And Lomart is a division of Doughboy, correct? So I'd imagine this pool is a Lomart Doughboy combination.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Doughboy is a protected territory company so you will probably have to deal with them. They are out of Arkansas I think.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by swimcmp
    Doughboy is a protected territory company so you will probably have to deal with them. They are out of Arkansas I think.
    I tried that once and the people I talked to had no idea. I even sent them a picture.

8. Back To Top    #8

C'mon, lets play... name, that, pool.. da da daa, da da daa da da...

Kind of looks like this frame; http://www.lomart.com/images/pools/pdf/ ... lowres.pdf