It's March 14th...and it is 85 degrees in NW Indiana

George N said:
81 here and water temp 71.
I think the little one will be begging more to get in by the weekend.
Told her 75 min water temp, shes not a happy camper :(

Yeah, I swear that my six year old daughter is immune to hypothermia. She will swim when water temps are still in the 60's! :shock: Her lips may be blue but by golly, she's getting iin.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
257WbyMag said:
George N said:
81 here and water temp 71.
I think the little one will be begging more to get in by the weekend.
Told her 75 min water temp, shes not a happy camper :(

Yeah, I swear that my six year old daughter is immune to hypothermia. She will swim when water temps are still in the 60's! :shock: Her lips may be blue but by golly, she's getting iin.

mine too I grew up swimming in Lake Michigan...But my girl is crazy...

YEAH, 70-80 here in MD and I'm going to start up my pool this weekend. Probably keep the cover on, but start chlorinating to avoid greening with some tabs in the skimmer to build up some CYA. Usually near zero at the end of the winter. Just not sure I want to clean it up every day with the winter cover off.

Been in the 80s here all week...it feels like June...except it doesn't stay light as late...Can't tell you how bad I want to open my pool...But here you never can tell what March will bring. But if it is going to stay like this...I will Open and try to be swimming in April...Just depends on the weather...Happy pool dreaming to everbody...

We went on a Bahamian cruise on the Disney Dream on the tenth, the temp was in the thirties when we left. Just got back yesterday and found out it's been in the seventies and eighties since we left!

The first thing I thought was, "Agggh! My pool!" Sure enough, when I got out there, it was green. So I hooked the pump back up, filled the pool back up, ran to the store and got six jugs of bleach to start with. Been dumping bleach in ever since...

So I opened the pool, but it's green! I know I need to vacuum, but I'm not going to do that until I can see the bottom. I usually get in the pool to vacuum, but I see lots of mutant sized backswimmers in the water, so I might stay out of the water until I get it adjusted properly. They seem to wander elsewhere when my numbers are correct.

Personally, I wouldn't wait to open unless your water looks ok right now. (keep an eye on it though) Much easier to take care of good water, even if it gets too cold to swim, then to fix bad water.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Kias...I have a winter cover on...so I am not getting Crud in my pool. I brought shock level up to 15 ppm in the fall which was middle of October...swam the day I closed it. When I checked back in March the water was crystal clear...Checked it last week...and it was still clear, because it got somewhat chilly again...had it stayed in the 80s...I would have opened in April.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.