Pentair is upgrading my ET8 to Intellitouch...

First question, what is the primary reason you are changing from EasyTouch to Intellitouch? Do you need more relays? And the thread title implies Pentair is paying for the upgrade, is that true?

As far as Remote vs ScreenLogic2:

Remote Pros: cheaper price, easy to use
Remote Cons: only works within 150 feet, only 4 functions

ScreenLogic2 Pros: can set functions anytime and from anywhere, many different functions, integrates great with lights, track and monitor pool chemistry
ScreenLogic2 Cons: higher price than remote, slightly less 'simple'

Blake,

The remote I was looking at had full functionality. It's just a proprietary piece of equipment. Are you referring to the MobileTouch Wireless Control Panel?

I am an IT guy, so have no problems with the complexity of using my home network to interface with the pool equipment.

I am a little perplexed as to why they are upgrading me. My ET system remote stopped working. It will not synch with the system. PB says Pentair wants to replace with intellitouch.

I see...

Yes, I was referring to the MobileTouch (my mistake for making that assumption).

The only qualm I have with changing from an EasyTouch to Intellitouch is the ability to troubleshoot future issues (if they arise). The EasyTouch has a display and the ability to re-set the system if needed. Although the IntelliTouch does not have a display on the system interface, you CAN re-set things using ScreenLogic2. I suppose that being an IT guy, you won't have issues doing that.

Another side note: the new models of the EasyTouch system are compatible with ScreenLogic2.

Still surprising they are upgrading, but cool I guess! :cheers:

I was considering the Intellitouch system before opting for the less expensive Easytouch. Pentair advised me to get a wired or wireless remote for the Intellitouch, in the event something happened to prevent the Screenlogic from working. In fact, that's a big reason I opted for the Easytouch, as the Easytouch system can be controlled from the outside panel, whereas the Intellitouch has no panel controls at all.

That's probably what I'd choose....wired remote + Screenlogic. If something happened to your PC and you couldn't use Screenlogic, you'd have the wired remote as a backup.

One thing I learned from Pentair is that the Screenlogic interface module for the Easytouch/Intellitouch systems requires a Cat6 cable from the Screenlogic module to your router. The only way around this hard wire is to go with Pentair's wireless kit (520639). This is what I'm doing with our ET install, as my router's on the 2nd floor of our house, and I didn't want to run a wire from the outside control panel to the router.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Well, they upgraded. Seems they are having some trouble with the frequency of the remotes conflicting with other wireless devices. They simply modified the board to fit in the existing ET panel. I ended up with the wireless remote. I might add the SL2 later. The system seems nice enough. Remote is better than ET and the think I like most is the fact that there are virtually unlimited schedules. That was my biggest grip about the ET. I had to pick and chose what to put eggtimmers on due to the limited... memory?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.