How to refill reagent bottles OR dropper to fit big bottle?

socrates

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2012
I'm testing my water every day now so I bought bulk Taylor reagents in the 16 oz size. What's the best way to refill those little bottles, the ones that came with my test kit? Alternately, have people found a way to fit droppers to the large sized bottles?

Thanks!

Reactions: RhondaF
Re: How to refill reagent bottles OR dropper to fit big bott

Taylor's advice: http://www.taylortechnologies.com/Chemi ... ntentID=39 You can just pop the top off the empty "kit" bottle and refill, following taylor's instructions. I dunno how well this works, I have never done it.

I believe there are threads mentioning this, try google at the bottom left.

I test a lot, but that is a lifetime's supply for me!

You might look around at the shelf life articles here and at Taylor's.

For future reference my old Taylor kit had 3/4 oz bottles, that some reagents required replacement twice or three times a year (ph, cya mostly), which works out to about 2.25 oz. Personally, I have had much better "useful life" with Dave's TF Test kit supplies, where the reagents are sized more to my usage patterns.

Re: How to refill reagent bottles OR dropper to fit big bott

the little dispenser tips are removable - they pull out of the neck of the bottle. Just grasp the tip carefully and twist/pull/rock the tip out. Be careful not to damage the opening or your measurements will be off. The link above does not describe this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.