Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to refill reagent bottles OR dropper to fit big bottle?

1. Back To Top    #1

How to refill reagent bottles OR dropper to fit big bottle?

I'm testing my water every day now so I bought bulk Taylor reagents in the 16 oz size. What's the best way to refill those little bottles, the ones that came with my test kit? Alternately, have people found a way to fit droppers to the large sized bottles?

Thanks!
    60k gallon (est), 83ft PebbleTech pool, spa. Goldline Aqualogic controller, AQL-PS-8. 2 Hayward SwimClear C5025 filters. Hayward H400ED2 heater. 2 T-15 SWG. Pool pump: Hayward SP4015NS pump / 1.5 HP A.O Smith SP1615-Z-1-BNC motor. Spa pump: Hayward SP4015NS pump / 1.0 HP Emerson 1081 motor (SF 1.4, RPM 3450, Amps SF 6.2-5.8/11.6). Hayward 5060 3/4HP booster pump. 6' x 9' waterfall driven by a Hayward SP4015NS pump (115 GPM @ 47' of head & 2200 watts). Spa jets driven by a Hayward SP4015NS pump / 1.5 HP A.O Smith SP1615-Z-1-BNC motor (SF 1.6, RPM 3450, Amps SF 11.0 - 10.2/20.4) Still learning!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to refill reagent bottles OR dropper to fit big bott

Taylor's advice: http://www.taylortechnologies.com/Chemi ... ntentID=39 You can just pop the top off the empty "kit" bottle and refill, following taylor's instructions. I dunno how well this works, I have never done it.

I believe there are threads mentioning this, try google at the bottom left.

I test a lot, but that is a lifetime's supply for me!

You might look around at the shelf life articles here and at Taylor's.

For future reference my old Taylor kit had 3/4 oz bottles, that some reagents required replacement twice or three times a year (ph, cya mostly), which works out to about 2.25 oz. Personally, I have had much better "useful life" with Dave's TF Test kit supplies, where the reagents are sized more to my usage patterns.
    My cement pond is a 36K gunite 20X40 built in mid 1960s, Hayward S244S filter, Aquarite SWCG, Jandy 1.5HP 2sp, TF-Test kit and Nitro Wall Climber

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How to refill reagent bottles OR dropper to fit big bott

the little dispenser tips are removable - they pull out of the neck of the bottle. Just grasp the tip carefully and twist/pull/rock the tip out. Be careful not to damage the opening or your measurements will be off. The link above does not describe this.
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner